Introduction to Instructional Design – Lesson 3 – Discussion Activity

• Introduction to Instructional Design – Lesson 3 – Discussion Activity

Posted by Justice on September 18, 2022 at 5:08 pm

1. Please answer the following questions below:

• Based on your potential instructional design style and philosophy, which instructional design model do you gravitate the most to and why?

• Which instructional design model do you not see yourself using under any circumstances and why?

2. Please read and reply to at least one post from another learner in the forum by stating if you agree or disagree with their answers/viewpoints and why.

Zaynah replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Zaynah

November 20, 2022 at 2:13 pm

1. I see myself using ADDIE as the foundational model because it is similar to the backwards design concept (focusing on the objectives first) used in teaching, and it simultaneously provides a framework that is specific to planning and managing instructional design projects. I would weave in Blooms, Gagne’s 9, and MPI where they naturally fit to ensure the actual lesson is engaging and effective.

2. The model I am least likely to use is Dick and Carey’s. While there are deadlines for implementation of an ID project, the final product is part of a recursive process of growth and adaptation. Therefore evaluations are formative not summative.