As an HR Generalist, you are expected to be an expert in every human resource function, including everything from hiring to compensation to payroll to performance management to the numerous employment laws such as the FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, IRCA, and many more.
Not only do you need to have a strong knowledge base in all areas, but even more importantly, you need to be able to apply your knowledge to the daily situations that arise in 24/7 Teach. We will take you on a journey through the evolving methods of human Resources and teach the basic fundamentals to help you navigate and thrive as a 24/7 Human Resources team member.
In this course, you will watch videos, read articles, complete HR and Operations assignments, and participate in a group discussion forum covering Human Resources.
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete this course.
- You are a new 24/7 Human Resources generalists whose responsibility is to lead our current people strategy: Project 50.
- Project 50 involves recruiting, onboarding, and training 50 new superstar candidates within 60 days.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Training Development, Interviewing, Recruitment, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, Video Production, Project Management,
- SUBJECTS COVERED: Human Resources
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Active Memorization and Recall, Questioning and Posing Problems, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- COURSE DURATION: 90 days
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- I know how to be a 24/7 Human Resource Generalist because I can develop and implement a people strategy.
Have questions about the course, a unit, an activity or assignment? Click here to discuss it.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete the assignment.
Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if need be.
CLICK THE SECTIONS BELOW TO BEGIN THIS COURSE: