Conclusion: Final Assessment
Direction: Please choose the best answer(s).
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the assessment before. Hence you can not start it again.
Assessment is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the assessment.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Question 1 of 10
The crime of obtaining the personal or financial information of another person for the sole purpose of assuming that person’s name or identity in order to make transactions or purchases is called ___________________________.CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 10
The following is a list suggested by Dr. Rizk as information that identity thieves are trying to acquire. Identify the one type of information that does not belong.CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 10
Social Media accounts do not need strong passwords because identity thieves cannot use any information from these websites.CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 10
Identity thieves are clever in how they access information. Give one example of a simple method and one example of a complex method that identity thieves use to acquire information.CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 10
Match the following terms.
- Sending unsolicited e-mails to multiple mailing lists; similar to Phishing.
- Using a magnetic card reader to steal a card number while you use an ATM or payment keypad in a store.
- Someone else accessing your computer from a remote location while you are using it.
- Creating a replica of a legitimate web page, usually in conjunction with Pharming.
- Posing as a legitimate business and sending emails or pop-up messages asking for personal information.
- Redirecting Internet searches or links through technical means to bogus websites.
Question 6 of 10
Pick the four best options for constructing a plan to protect personal investments and reduce risk.CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 10
Which of the following constructed list provides options to reduce online identity theft.CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 10
What is an indication of identity theft?CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 10
Financial Institutions have software that can detect every instance of identity theft.CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 10
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) suggests three steps need to be taken (listed below) to best retrieve your identity. Place them in order.
Contact the financial institution in question
Contact the fraud department of the three major credit bureaus
Contact your local police department