Congratulations, you’ve started the journey of producing, filming and editing videos for 24/7 Teach’s current website. Video production is the process of creating a video. Whether it’s a short film, a full-length movie, business marketing video, television commercial, music video, or other type of film; the process may vary a little with the specifics, but the overall process is essentially the same. The basic process can be broken down into three subcategories: pre-production, production, and post-production.
In this course, you will be introduced to the concepts of video production. You will take notes on the materials, complete assignments, answer research questions, participate in a group discussion forum, complete assessments, create videos, and complete projects on the material.
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete this course.
You are the 24/7 Video Production Intern who’s been given the responsibility to film a video about 24/7 Teach. The organization wants the video to describe the mission of 24/7 Teach and to encourage students to enroll in their classes. To get an advanced start on the video project, you have to develop the story of the video and the script and storyboard that will support it.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Writing, Listening, Research, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, and Project Management
- SUBJECTS COVERED: Social-emotional learning, self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Active Memorization and Recall, Questioning and Posing Problems, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- COURSE DURATION: 16 weeks
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Write, produce, film and edit a video.
- Understand the entire video process from pre-production to post-production.
- Learn to use and operate film, audio and lighting equipment.
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of the video team.
Have questions about the course, a unit, an activity or assignment? Click here to discuss it.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete the assignment.
Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if need be.