In this course, you will learn the social and leadership skills needed to develop your self-confidence and successfully navigate your teenage years.
You will watch videos, read articles, and review presentations on various topics. Also, you will take notes on the materials, complete assignments, answer research questions, participate in discussions, complete assessments, create videos, and complete projects on the material.
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete this course.
You are a member of a global teen leadership club called 24/7 Superstars. You have been nominated to be a local club president and leader. The problem is that although you would like the position, you don’t believe you can do it or even deserve the job. The responsibility of the local president is to start and grow a new chapter of the club in your community. This seminar will help you develop social skills, increase your self-confidence, and guide you to start this leadership club for teens like you in your community looking to grow to become college and job-ready.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Reading Comprehension, Writing, Listening, Research, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, Video production, Soft Skills, Entrepreneurship, and Project Management
- SUBJECTS COVERED: Social Skills, Self Confidence, and Leadership
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Questioning and Posing Problems, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations, Active Learning/Self-Motivation, Taking Responsible Risks
- COURSE DURATION: 4 Weeks
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- I have obtained the social skills, self-confidence, and leadership abilities needed to successfully navigate my teenage years and become college and job-ready.
Have questions about the course, a unit, an activity, or an assignment? Click here to discuss it.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or in completing assignments.
Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if need be.