A resume is a tool used to market yourself when seeking employment. It is your way to advertise yourself to a potential employer. An interview is the most crucial opportunity in your job seeking endeavor. So preparation is key.
In this course, you will be introduced to the concepts of resume writing and interviewing skills. You will watch videos, read articles, and review presentations on various topics.
Also, you will take notes on the materials, complete assignments, answer research questions, participate in a group discussion forum, complete assessments, create videos, and complete projects on the material to prepare for an employment search.
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete this course.
You are currently in the market looking for a great job opportunity. You learn that the job of your dreams has just become available, and you plan to apply. So you’ve decided to brush up your resume and interviewing skills as you prepare to apply.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Reading Comprehension, Writing, Listening, Research, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, Presentation Skills, and Video Production
- SUBJECTS COVERED: Resume Writing and Interviewing
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Active Memorization and Recall, Questioning and Posing Problems, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- COURSE DURATION: 4 weeks
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- I know I can land the job of my dreams because I can represent and market myself in a professional manner.
Have questions about the course, a unit, an activity, or an assignment? Click here to discuss it.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete the assignment.
Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if need be.