In this course, you will be introduced to the concepts of leadership and developing soft skills that are essential in today’s world and marketplace. You will review the ideas of leadership as it relates to personal and professional leadership as well as the soft skills that everyone needs today.
You will watch videos, read articles, and review presentations on various topics. Also, you will take notes on the materials, complete assignments, answer research questions, participate in discussion, complete assessments, create videos, and complete projects on the material.
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete this course.
You are an older sibling of a younger sister and brother who are both getting ready to transition to high school. You understand the dangers of not being a leader in that kind of environment and succumbing to peer pressure. You understand that it is important to develop personal leadership as well as remaining focus on a goal so that you can stay on the right path.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Reading Comprehension, Writing, Listening, Research, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, Video production, Soft Skills, Entrepreneurship, and Project Management
- SUBJECTS COVERED: Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Questioning and Posing Problems, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations, Active Learning/Self-Motivation, Taking Responsible Risks
- COURSE DURATION: 4 Weeks
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- I know how to be a leader because I live out my personal mission and vision.
Have questions about the course, a unit, an activity or assignment? Click here to discuss it.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete the assignment.
Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if need be.