In this course, you will be introduced to the concepts of front-end web development. You will watch videos, read articles, and review presentations.
Also, you will take notes on the materials, complete assignments, answer questions, participate in a group discussion forum, complete assessments, create videos, and complete projects on the material.
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete this course.
You are an intern at a web development company. You will assist your team with the improvement and management of a web application. At the end of your internship, they want you to create a web page showcasing what you’ve learned that they can use to market their internship program.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Reading Comprehension, Writing, Listening, Research, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, Video production, and Project Management
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Active Memorization and Recall, Questioning and Posing Problems, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- COURSE DURATION: 16 Weeks
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- I will create simple web pages using tools and systems that front-end web developers routinely use.
Have questions about the course, a unit, an activity or an assignment? Click here to discuss it.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete the assignment.
Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if need be.