In this course, you will be introduced to Instructional Design, the concepts of the 24/7 Success Driven Education Model, and the 24/7 Instructional Design Framework.
The assignments will help you see the value of the Success Driven Education Model from the perspective of an instructional designer.
In this course, you will watch videos, read articles, review presentations on instructional design, the Success Driven Education Model, and the 24/7 Instructional Design Framework. Also, you will take notes on the materials, complete assignments, answer research questions, participate in a group discussion forum, complete assessments, and create a teaching video on the materials.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Reading Comprehension, Writing, Listening, Research, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, Media Production and Design
- SUBJECTS COVERED: Success Driven Education Model for Instructional Designers
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Active Memorization and Recall, Questioning and Posing Problems, Listening with Understanding and Empathy, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- COURSE DURATION: 8 Weeks
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
- COURSE AGE REQUIREMENTS: For learners 18 years and up.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL:
- Learn the basic concepts of instructional design, the Success Driven Education Model, and the 24/7 Instructional Design Framework
- Understand how the Success Driven Education Model and the 24/7 Instructional Design Framework compare to other popular instructional design philosophies
- Evaluate and provide feedback on previously created curriculum
- Create curriculum for multiple types of audiences
- Learn how the 24/7 Success Driven Education Model benefits Instructional Designers
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete the activities.
You are a newly hired 24/7 instructional designer who has been given an opportunity to create a curriculum for a client. The client has some common requests when it comes to their instructional design needs: the curriculum created should be habit-based, situational, and the assignments should provide value to the learner and the stakeholder. The clients chose 24/7, based on its Success Driven Education model and the 24/7 Instructional Design Framework. Your assignment is to learn, research, write about, and create curricula for your clients using the 24/7 Success Driven Education Model.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete the assignments. Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if need be.