Finance and Funding is an essential part of everyday life in any business. In this course, we will take you on a journey through financial analysis, financial projections, business model development, and funding strategies for start-up companies.
In this course, you will watch videos, read articles, complete marketing assignments, and participate in a group discussion forum covering finance, funding, and entrepreneurship.
COURSE SCENARIO AND ESSENTIAL QUESTION:
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete this course.
- You are a new Finance and Funding analyst with 24/7 Teach. You’ve been tasked with doing a thorough analysis of 24/7 Teach’s current business model, and charged with improving the current business model and or developing a new one that would allow 24/7 Teach to scale its operational, educational, and technological offerings.
- The essential question you will answer in this course is what business model will allow 24/7 Teach to scale its operational, educational, and technological offerings and be financially viable.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Financial analysis and modeling, Business model development, product-market fit, pitch-deck development, Listening, Research, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, Project Management
- SUBJECTS COVERED: Finance, Funding, and Startups
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Active Memorization and Recall, Questioning and Posing Problems, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- COURSE DURATION: 90 days
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- I know how to be a 24/7 finance and funding analyst because I can develop business models, financial models, and projections, create pitch-decks, and present and explain the financial strategy of the company.
Have questions about the course, a unit, an activity, or the assignment? Click here to discuss it.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete the assignment.
Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if need be.