The goal of this course is to empower students to approach entrepreneurship with passion and motivation as well as thoughtful insight into the entrepreneurial process.
By the end of this course, student will have acquired the necessary skills to start or grow their own business. Our hope is that through project-based learning and higher level collaboration, students will learn what it takes to operate a business as well as how to avoid devastating mistakes while utilizing crucial opportunities. We hope to foster professional and personal relationships that will last a lifetime.
In this course, you will be introduced to the concepts of entrepreneurship. You will watch videos, read articles, and review presentations on various topics.
Also, you will take notes on the materials, complete assignments, answer research questions, participate in a group discussion forum, complete assessments, create videos, and complete projects on the material.
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete this course.
As you’re growing older, your allowance is not sufficient to support the lifestyle you want. You have always been interested in starting your own business and you have some creative ideas. You’re on the fence but you’ve decided to start your own business.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Reading Comprehension, Writing, Listening, Research, Note-Taking, Reflection, Critical Thinking, Video production, and Project Management
- SUBJECTS COVERED: Entrepreneurship
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Active Memorization and Recall, Questioning and Posing Problems, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- COURSE DURATION: 6 Weeks
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- I know how to be an entrepreneur because I can start my own business to meet a need.
Have questions about the course, a unit, an activity or assignment? Click here to discuss it.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete the assignment.
Some of the information in the learning materials are new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if need be.