Directions: Please read the course introduction below to understand how to properly complete this course.
If you’re an aspiring college student looking to improve your essay writing skills and create impressive college application essays, then this bootcamp is perfect for you. The course is designed to guide you through the entire essay writing process, from brainstorming to drafting and polishing. You’ll learn about narrative structures, storytelling techniques, and the essential elements of effective writing, all while working on hands-on exercises and real-world projects. By the end of the boot camp, you’ll be able to craft compelling narratives, have a finished essay, and the skills to tackle other writing challenges in the future.
Through peer reviews, brainstorming sessions, and one-on-one coaching, you’ll refine your storytelling abilities and perfect your writing skills. This course will not only help you create a polished college application essay but also give you the confidence and know-how to tackle any writing challenge in your academic and professional future.
- SKILLS PRACTICED: Writing, Storytelling, Editing and Proofreading, Research and Analysis, Presentation and Communication, Emotional Intelligence, Critical Thinking, Project Management, Public Speaking
- SUBJECTS COVERED: Essay Writing, Understanding College Admissions, Brainstorming and Yopic Selection, Elements of Storytelling, Analyzing Successful Essays
- POTENTIAL SUCCESS HABITS DEVELOPED: Time Management and Organization, Striving for Accuracy, Gathering Data Through All Senses/Capacity to Research, Active Memorization and Recall, Questioning and Posing Problems, Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision, Providing and Seeking Mentorship, Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- COURSE DURATION: 30 Hours
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You will need to have access to a computer with an internet connection to access the course materials and assignments and Google Drive to access the project and assignments
- COURSE PARTICIPATION: Learners can participate in this course individually or as a group.
- COURSE AGE REQUIREMENTS: For learners 16 years and up.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL:
Understand what admissions officers are looking for in a college application essay
Develop brainstorming techniques and topic-selection strategies
Master the elements of storytelling and narrative structure
Polish writing through advanced editing techniques
Craft a unique, compelling college application essay
Think of yourself in the following scenario as you complete this course.
- You are a highly motivated and ambitious high school student on the cusp of a significant life milestone—college applications. Driven by your aspirations to join a top-tier college and eventually excel in your chosen career, you know that a standout college application essay is a crucial part of the package you present to admissions officers. Recognizing the gravity of this one piece of writing, you decide to enroll in the College Essay Writing Bootcamp to give yourself the best shot at success.
- This bootcamp wasn’t just an academic exercise; it was a transformative experience, solidifying your readiness for the next big step in your life journey.
COURSE – INSTRUCTIONS:
You have multiple steps and resources to review and complete in this course. We recommend that you complete one step at a time. Do not rush your learning or to complete assignments. Some of the information in the learning materials is new, and some of it is repetitious. The learning materials have been chosen to provide you with different viewpoints on the same topics. We believe repetition brings mastery, but feel free to skip if necessary.